Professional Development Workshops
Ensuring equity is essential for improving student achievement and promoting student and staff well-being. unlearn.’s Professional Development Workshops assist educators to develop and implement Culturally Responsive and Relevant Pedagogy (CRRP)
by applying an equity lens to important social justice and human rights issues. Inspired by the Socratic philosophy, “I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.”, unlearn Workshops are an interactive and experiential learning opportunity for educators to develop new skills to support student success.The workshop takes participants on an in-depth journey through the concept of “unlearning” by examining our unconscious biases, beliefs, and conditioning. The capacity building workshops help educators to develop socio-cultural consciousness and promote inquiry-based learning.
Our programs are designed to help schools meet the objectives set out by Ontario’s Equity and Inclusive Education Strategy
Download Educator Brochure
- Unconscious Bias, Stereotypes and Discrimination
- Fostering an Inclusive School Culture
- Power & Privilege: Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
- Intercultural Competence & Culturally Relevant and Responsive Pedagogy
- 2SLGBTQ+ Awareness: Gender and Sexual Identities
- Indigenous Voices and Reconciliation: Tradition, History and Culture
- Wealth Inequality: Poverty, Health and Wellness
- Our Environment: Climate Change and Sustainability
Who Should Attend:
- K-12 Classroom Educators: Teachers, ECE’s, Support Staff, Spec Ed.
- School Administration: Principals, Guidance Counsellors and Department Heads.
- District Administrators: Curriculum Leads, Supervisors, Coaches, Consultants, Coordinators.
- Senior Administration: Director's, Superintendents, Trustees and Board Members.
Course Fee and Number of Participants:
Length of course:
We use American Apparel sweatshop-free shirts.
WOMEN'S FITTED SIZING CHART
REMEMBER: the women's fitted shirts fit small. If in doubt order a size up, everything shrinks if you dry it on hot. You may also want to consider the unisex fit.
If you're on the fence about a women's fitted XL, get a Unisex Medium or Large instead. It's almost the same but a little bit bigger and the sleeves are slightly longer. It's easier to make a shirt that is too big smaller than to make a shirt that is too small bigger.
| WOMEN'S SIZING CHART
Chest Circumference (inches)
Waist Circumference (inches)
UNISEX SIZING CHART
PLEASE NOTE: Our shirts fit small. Order a size up if in doubt.
|UNISEX SIZING CHART
|Chest Circumference (inches)
|Waist Circumference (inches)